Auditions for membership are held throughout the year. Singers wishing to join Chorale Bel Canto should contact Karen Bourgaize, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 460-9222 for more information or to schedule an audition.
New singers: Please bring a resumé of your singing experience to the audition, including your contact information.
Our singers range in age from 18 to retirees. All are volunteers, and they come from all walks of life. Most have significant singing experience, but some just like to sing and are singing choral masterworks for the first time.
The audition will consist of:
- A song of your choice (an accompanist will be provided)
- Vocalization to assess range and tessitura
- Short tonal memory exercises
Things you need to know:
- Rehearsals are on Monday evenings in Whittier from Labor Day to Memorial Day
- Members are responsible for purchasing most music performed during the year.
- Members pay annual dues.
- Members are responsible for performance attire:
- Women: black dress available commercially
- Men: black tuxedo
- Members must provide a black performance folder
- A complete Handbook and Strategic Plan is available in the Members Area of the website